I’m still hula-hooping through 2016. In other words, I’m still working on the New Year’s resolutions. I’ve twirled my hula-hoop around during the month of January for some of my resolutions. I dropped the hoop on other goals. It’s a good thing that I get a new day every day. It helps when you can start over to try again.
1.Do a 10 minute mediation/deep breathing exercise every day
In January, I did my mediation/deep breathing exercise 16/31 days.
2. Exercise five days a week for at least 30 minutes
I’m happy to report that I exercised two days a week during the month of January.
3. Find something funny every day
This one wasn’t hard to do at all. I’m always finding funny stuff. For example, I saw an ant trying to eat a Snickers bar. The poor ant wasn’t having any luck because the wrapper was still on the candy bar. It was quite funny. So, I helped the ant out and opened up the wrapper. It made me laugh to see the ant go crazy with delight. I can be a hero to one little ant.
4. Eat a fruit or vegetable with every meal
I completely forgot about this one. The hula-hoop dropped but it’s been picked up again for this week.
5. Do something social with friends once a week
Yes! This one happened. I did something social with friends every week.
6. Write down all of my negative thoughts and try to re-frame them in a little cognition journal.
I completely forgot about this one. Oops. I can’t be too negative about not meeting the goal though. It would defeat the whole purpose of the goal.
7. Leave work by 4:30 p.m. every day. I won’t be able to do all of these happy brain/happy body things if I work all the time.
I tried. I need to set an alarm on my cell phone to remind me to leave at 4:30. I tend to stay to 5:00 p.m. I want to break that little habit.